FLUFFY PINEAPPLE SALAD – CINCYSHOPPER
Pineapple Salad is light and refreshing. You can make this fluffy version quickly with just a few ingredients. Make it for a side dish or dessert.
Provided by: Jen
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 minutes
|1 can Crushed Pineapple (20 oz)|
|Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding mix (3.4 oz)|
|2 cup Mini Marshmallows|
|1 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes|
|8 oz Whipped Topping|
|1/2 cup chopped Pecans|
|Maraschino Cherries (optional)|
- Put pudding mix in a medium bowl.
- Drain pineapple juice from can into pudding mix. Set pineapple aside.
- Whisk pudding until blended.
- Add pineapple, coconut, marshmallows amd nuts. Stir until blended.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- For extra color, garnish with maraschino cherries.
- Chill for at least 5hours before serving.
Calories 341 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 29 g, ProteinContent 4 g, FatContent 25 g, SaturatedFatContent 17 g, CholesterolContent 1 mg, SodiumContent 48 mg, FiberContent 4 g, SugarContent 20 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PINEAPPLE SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
This refreshing salad has a mildly tangy dressing that would complement most any entree. After enjoying a similar salad at a restaurant, I tried to re-create it at home. Adding sliced grilled chicken makes it a meal in itself.—Vickie Madrigal, Shreveport, Louisiana
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 6 servings.
|1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple slices|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar|
|1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|6 cups torn romaine|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion|
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Cut slices in half; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, honey, vinegar, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice; shake well. , Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Combine the romaine, onion slices and pineapple slices in a serving dish. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Calories 64 calories, FatContent 2g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 0 cholesterol, SodiumContent 59mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 1 vegetable