This mini chicken skewer recipe will no doubt make your guests love you more. Because Korean grills tend to have a smaller grilling surface than other grills, grilling full-size skewers can be difficult. But don’t worry because these mini chicken skewers will allow you to serve real BBQ goodness in sticks even when you are using a small cooking surface.
How to make Mini Chicken Skewers
Mini Chicken Skewers
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 20 Cooking Time: 20 20
Nutrition facts: 200 calories 20 grams fat
( 1 voted )
4 chicken breasts
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 red pepper, cubed
3/4 of a medium-sized onion, cubed
1 teaspoon of rosemary
1.5 teaspoon of thyme
1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1.5 teaspoon of salt
1.5 tablespoon of lemon juice
Mini wooden skewers
1. Put your thyme, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and combine.
2. Add the oil and lemon juice to your mixture and whisk lightly with a fork.
3. Pour it all over your chicken, which should be cubed into small cubes. Toss the chicken in the marinade until it's all coated—slippery stuff.
4. Get your skewers and start threading, alternating the pepper, onion and chicken.
5. Pour some olive oil into a large or small pan, but you'll take so much longer, which gets boring and you end up smelling chicken a little too much.
6. Place it over medium heat.
7. Cook on each side for 5-7 minutes.
8. Take it off the stove and serve.
Tips for making the best chicken teriyaki skewers
When threading the meat onto the skewers, try to leave little spaces in between the meat. This is important, as it does help with even cooking. Also, the thicker the pieces, the longer their cooking time.
Keep an eye on your grill when cooking these teriyaki chicken skewers for the first time. Each grill is different, so you'll want to keep an eye on them to ensure they're cooked. I'm using a small indoor grill in the photos and video, which speeds up the cooking process.
Did You Make This Recipe?
How you went with my recipes? Tag me on Pinterestat @SmallRecipe.