The pursuit of a healthy body is something that all of us need to strive for. With today’s technology, it is easy to shed some pounds and grow closer to your goal of having a healthy body. You can find numerous mobile phone apps online that come with unique features to help you attain your personal fitness goals. Here are some of them.
Couch to 5k
This is a paid running app that comes with a variety of features designed to help you meet your goals. All you need to do is spend about 20 to 30 minutes every day and you will be able to see the results in a few months.
1) Interactive Training – You get to choose from 4 virtual trainers who will keep interacting with you and motivate you along your journey. Each trainer comes with their area of expertise and personality to keep you engaged and inspired.
2) Audio Cues – With the help of audio cues, you get to immerse yourself in your workouts and get a proper understanding of your training regimen.
3) GPS Support – With GPS support, you will be able to calculate the distance you have travelled, pace and even map your routes for better convenience.
4) Social Aspect – You can share your workouts and progress to your friends on Facebook and motivate each other.
5) Notifications – If there is a running event near your area, you will receive notifications about it. If you are registered with Active, you can even connect with other users in your area and train together.
If you are interested in jogging or running and need to lose weight, then this is an excellent app to use. It keeps you engaged, motivated and allows you to customise and keep track of your goals.
Calorie Counter – MyFitnessPal
This fitness app is targeted towards those who like to keep track of their calories and burn fat in the most efficient way possible. You also get a ton of customisation capability to tweak it as per your specific needs and goals.
1) Huge Database – One of the most important aspects of the calorie counter app is its database and you get over 11 million types of food in this app.
2) Barcode Functionality – Need to know exactly how many calories come in your packaged food? All you have to do scan its barcode and you are good to go. The app also supports over 4 million barcodes.
3) Insights – Get more information about healthy foods that you can add to your diet.
4) Customisation – You can create personalised foods and recipes and save them into the app. You can also log your breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner too.
5) Calorie and Macro Tracker – This makes it easy to keep track of every calorie that you consume daily. You can also keep track of the amount of sugar, fibre, cholesterol, vitamins and more to get a better overall view of everything that is going into your body.
If you are looking for a calorie counting app that can give you a detailed view of everything you consume, then this would be the right app for you. You can also connect it to other fitness-based apps such as Fitbit, Garmin, Runkeeper and more for better synergy.
Fitbit technology devices
As one of the most popular weight losing app, Fitbit comes with a ton of unique and convenient features to help you lose those extra pounds. You can also opt for the premium version which comes with more convenient fitness tools such as workout videos, advanced insights and more.
1) Programs – You get free workout programs, nutrition programs and even meditation tracks to keep not only your body healthy but your mind too.
2) Track Steps – If you like running, walking or jogging, you can keep track of your steps/distance travelled and fine-tune your personal goals.
3) Audio and Video Workouts – If you prefer watching or listening to workout instructions, you can access them from the comfort of your own home. Being a premium member allows you to unlock over 240 plus workouts and a host of other features as well.
4) Sleep Tool – With this, you can keep track of your sleeping pattern and understand if you are getting sound sleep every night or not.
5) Calorie and Heart Rate Tracker – Although not very extensive as the previous app, this one is sufficient for those who just want to get an estimate of the calories they consume every day. You can also use the heart rate tracker to understand your heart rate trends and remind you to relax whenever you get stressed.
If you are looking for a mobile phone app that gives you a holistic view of various aspects of fitness such as exercise, calorie counting and heart rate monitoring, then this is one of the best mobile phone apps you’ll come across.