LEMON CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE | Small Recipe
This delicious lemon chicken piccata dish is exquisite and easy to prepare. The light and luscious lemon sauce really pops without being too acidic; it is simply divine. Serve it with herb-roasted potatoes or lemon-rice pilaf.
Provided by: LemonLush
Categories: Chicken Piccata
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|3 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1/2-inch medallions|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|½ cup all-purpose flour|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or as needed|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 cup low sodium chicken broth|
|½ lemon, thinly sliced|
|¼ cup fresh lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|2 tablespoons minced Italian (flat-leaf) parsley|
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Place a serving platter into the oven to warm.
- Season the chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour. Shake off excess flour. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet; pan-fry the chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Work in batches and do not crowd skillet, adding oil as needed . Place the chicken pieces onto the warmed platter in the oven. When finished with all the chicken, drain most of the oil from the skillet, leaving a thin coating on the surface of the pan.
- Cook and stir the minced garlic in the skillet until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Pour in the chicken broth. Scrape and dissolve any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the lemon slices and bring the mixture to a boil. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces to about 2/3 cup, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the lemon juice and capers; simmer until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes more. Drop the butter into the skillet and swirl it into the sauce by tilting the skillet until the butter is melted and incorporated. Add the parsley; remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange the chicken medallions on serving plates and spoon sauce over each portion to serve.
Calories 421 calories, CarbohydrateContent 16.1 g, CholesterolContent 127.6 mg, FatContent 21.2 g, FiberContent 1.3 g, ProteinContent 41.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.2 g, SodiumContent 347.9 mg, SugarContent 0.7 g
WEEKNIGHT LEMON CHICKEN SKILLET DINNER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
It doesn’t get much easier, or more satisfying: a complete dinner in one pan in half an hour. Lemon brightens this cozy winter meal.
Provided by: Robin Bashinsky
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 3/4 cup potato mixture)
|12 ounces baby red potatoes, halved|
|1 tablespoon olive oil, divided|
|4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 3/4-inch thickness|
|¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided|
|½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided|
|2 thyme sprigs|
|4 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme|
|¼ cup whole milk|
|5 teaspoons all-purpose flour|
|1 ¾ cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)|
|8 very thin lemon slices|
|1 (8-ounce) package trimmed haricots verts (French green beans)|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley|
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, and simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and thyme sprigs to pan; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add potatoes, cut sides down; mushrooms; and 1 tablespoon thyme; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring once. Combine milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add remaining salt, remaining pepper, flour mixture, stock, lemon, and beans to pan; simmer 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Calories 342 calories, CarbohydrateContent 23 g, CholesterolContent 110 mg, FatContent 8.6 g, FiberContent 4 g, ProteinContent 43 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.8 g, SodiumContent 642 mg