When it comes to Korean BBQ, there’s only one way to cook it: on a hot grill. And that’s exactly how we like to cook our salmon. The high heat of the grill sears in all the delicious flavors of the marinade, and the fish comes out perfectly cooked every time.
If you’ve never tried Korean BBQ salmon, you’re in for a real treat. The combination of sweet, savory, and slightly spicy flavors is delicious and will become one of your new favorite meals. Trust us; once you try it, you’ll be hooked!
How to make Korean BBQ Salmon
Salmon can be difficult to cook, but when you master this fish cooking technique properly, you will be able to cook this fish perfectly. A great salmon-related dish is Korean BBQ salmon, which has a rich and intense flavor that pairs well with dishes like vegetables, rice, and more.
Korean BBQ Salmon
Nutrition facts: 200 calories 20 grams fat
( 2 voted )
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1.5-pound salmon fillet, skin on
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees
- Whisk together soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil and place in a small saucepan
- Whisk together cornstarch with an equal amount of water and then whisk into the soy sauce mixture
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat until thickened, about 3-5 minutes
- Let cool slightly and add salt and pepper to taste
- Brush salmon with marinade and place skin side down on the preheated grill
- Grill for 5-10 minutes until salmon is almost cooked to 145 degrees then flip
- Let grill on flesh side 1-2 minutes if desired for grill marks
Drizzle the salmon with the sauce you've made and it's ready to grill. Grilling salmon can be tricky as it can easily overcook, so we recommend paying attention to it. To grill salmon properly, place salmon skin-side down on a preheated grill.
Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes until the salmon is almost cooked and reaches 145 degrees F. When the salmon is nearly done, flip the sides and grill for 1 to 2 minutes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
How you went with my recipes? Tag me on Pinterestat @SmallRecipe.
Wrap it in some lettuce and enjoy.