CHAMOY CANDY (DULCES ENCHILADOS) RECIPE – RECIPES.NET
Grab a bite of these spicy and tangy dulces enchilados! They’re tasty Mexican chamoy candies that are great for munching any time.
Provided by: Jam
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0
|2 tbsp chamoy|
|2 tbsp powdered sugar|
|½ cup tajin seasoning|
|⅓ cup sugar|
|½ tsp (optional) chile piquin powder|
|of your choice candy*|
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and chamoy sauce. Mix well until all of the lumps are gone. Alternatively, microwave for 20 seconds and mix to dissolve the lumps or use a whisk to work them out.
- In another bowl combine the Tajin seasoning, sugar, and chile piquin. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the candy of your choice and drizzle in some of the chamoy mix until they look well coated.
- For a light coat of seasoning, sprinkle it on with a spoon until you’ve reached your desired amount, then give it a good mix.
- For a heavier or thicker coat, transfer the chamoy coated candy directly into the tajin mix bowl and shake. Make sure to cover it with a lid before shaking.
- Spoon out the candy out of the tajin mix and on to a piece of wax paper or a plate.
- Repeat with the rest of the candy.
ServingSize 1.00 people, SugarContent 0.00
CHAMOY RIM PASTE – HOMEMADE HOOPLAH
With the perfect blend of sweet, salty, tangy, and spicy flavors, this chamoy rim paste is a unique way to kick up the flavor of your favorite spirits.
Provided by: Chrisy
Total time: 80 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|10 Pulparindo candies|
|1/2 cup chamoy|
|1/2 cup tajin (plus more for decorating the dip (optional))|
|2 Baby Lucas candy (any flavor)|
|2 Lucas Gusano candy (any flavor)|
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add pulparindo candies. Melt candies, stirring frequently, until a thick paste forms, about 5-10 minutes. Be ready to adjust the heat as needed; candies should not burn while melting. If the candies begin to smoke, turn heat down to medium low.
- Add chamoy to saucepan. If needed, return heat to medium. Allow to cook, stirring constantly, until Pulparindo has fully melted and incorporated in with the chamoy, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the tajin, Baby Lucas candy, and Lucas Gusano candy. Stir and cook until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Check consistency and do a taste test. Consistency should be thick enough that it fully coats a spatula or spoon but will slowly slide off (paste will thicken as it cools). Taste should be tart and spicy with a hint of fruit. If you'd like more spice or the consiscenty is too watery, add tajin. Lucas candies can be used to add sweetness. Chamoy can be used of it consistency gets too thick.
- Pour prepared rim paste into a sealable container and allow to completely cool on the counter, about 1 hour.
- Serve by dipping cleaned bottles or cans into the rim paste, twisting the drinks to fully cover the top, rim, and upper sides.
ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 12 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 3 g, FatContent 6 g, SodiumContent 356 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 1 g