Best places to sell photos online: Our article here looks at a few places where you can sell photos online. As a photographer, you can easily earn some extra cash or even start a new career.if you know the right places to sell your photos online.
Who Buys Photos, and What Type of Photos Sell the Best?
People like nature photos and smother photos so we sell them.
1- People — kids, adults, and everyone in between from every country and culture!
2- People working — These images are very popular with businesses. Folks working on laptops, writing, speaking at a meeting, etc. Just don’t make them so generic they become a meme.
3- Cities — Cityscapes, buildings, people commuting.
4- Nature — This is a no brainer which never gets old to shoot or sell.
5- Travel — Shots from around the world are always in high demand.
6-Foods — Various types of delicious foods even empty unwashed plates.
7- Tools — Gears, hammers, nuts, bolts, and screws can convey a lot of things for potential buyers.
20 Best places to sell photos online
1- Getty Images
Getty Images attract brands and publishers looking for high-quality or hard-to-find exclusive images to license. For photos licensed via GettyImages.com, rates start at 20%.
- Licensing terms: All photos are exclusive to Getty
- Pay rate: 20% (on a high base figure)
- Approval process: Each image goes through an approval process
Shutterstock has been a popular site for over 15 years to buy stock photos online. Shutterstock is a micro-stock site where photos are cheaper and non-exclusive, and the way to increase downloads is by contributing a large number of images that can be used as visual metaphors.sellers on Shutterstock have made over $500 million worldwide!
As a contributor, you can make anywhere from 20% to 30% of whatever your image sells for, which Shutterstock pays out monthly.
- Licensing terms: Non-exclusive
- Pay rate: Average of $0.25 per image
- Approval process: Streamlined approval process that takes an average of 2 days to complete.
iStock is the micro-stock offshoot owned by Getty Images. Commission ranges from 25% to 45% depending on whether the photos are exclusive or non-exclusive. This works on a contract with a 30 days notice period.iStock photo is a great place to sell stock photos if you are just starting out.
- Licensing terms: Standard non-exclusive license
- Pay rate: 15% flat rate for non-exclusive photos
- Approval process: Each image must be approved based on set criteria
500px isn’t just a stock photo site; it’s a community-based platform for photographers.creative shots with a 30% commission payout for non-exclusive photos and 60% for exclusive ones.
- Licensing terms: Exclusive and non-exclusive
- Pay rate: 60% for exclusive, 30% for non-exclusive
- Approval process: Strict approval process–each photo must be reviewed and approved.
Stocksy is a popular mid-range stock photography site, especially among publishers. Pays out a generous 50–75% commission.
- Licensing terms: Standard royalty-free or extended licensing
- Pay rate: 50% for standard royalty-free, 75% for extended licensing
- Approval process: Stringent application and approval process
6-Can Stock Photo
70,000 photographers sell photos on Can Stock Photo.they’ll also give you $5 for every 50 photos your referral sells.
- Licensing terms: Retain ownership of images
- Pay rate: From 40%
- Approval process: Application required and submission of 3 photos
FreeDigitalPhotos.net offers free photo downloads as well as images for users to purchase.Photographers earn 70% commission.
Adobe Stock is one of the best places to sell photos online.You’ll earn 33% commission on the photos you sell through Adobe Stock.
Licensing terms: Non-exclusive;
Pay rate: From $0.2 to $3.33 per image download
Approval process: Strict content approval process
Fotolia, which has been purchased by Adobe Stock. Subscription generates 33% commission but has a minimum guarantee.
PhotoDune, part of Envato Market. Receive a 30% commission from your referral’s first cash deposit.
Alamy pays contributors monthly and has a varied payment structure.Photographers 50%, Distributors earn 70%, Novel Use earns 50%.
- Licensing terms: Both exclusive and non-exclusive options available
- Pay rate: 50% for exclusive images, 40% for non-exclusive
- Approval process: Quick approval process with strict quality criteria.
You can earn money three ways: selling a photo, for you earn $2 per photo licensed, 100% cash prizes from photo challenges, and 100% commission from whatever brands hire you for scheduled shoots.
Depositphotos has its commissions based on the contributor’s.Commissions range are 34–42%.
Dreamstime is a stock photo site with a generous payout for contributors.non-exclusive contributors earn 25–50%, and exclusive photos generate a 27.5–55% commission.
16-GL Stock Images
GL Stock Images, you have the choice of setting your own prices. And you’ll earn 40% commission on all sales.
EyeEm focuses more on advertising stock photography.Advertise a 50% commission on their site.
Crestock pays contributors 20–40% commission rates based on the total number of downloads.
Another stock photo platform that pays contributors based on the number of downloads and purchases. Commissions range from 30% to 60%.
- Licensing terms: Non-exclusive and retention of ownership
- Pay rate: 30% to 60% depending on photo and license sold
- Approval process: Quick approval process
Foap offers contributors five ways to earn money from selling photos online: $5 for every photo sold, $100–$2,500 for Missions, $0.25/photo for album-specific photo sales.
Best Sites to Sell Photos Online and Make Money
Photography is not just a hobby but now it is a full-time career. But a lot of people think that for making photography a career, one needs to have a studio and clients to work with. Hope These Sell Photos Online site Will Helpful for you.Thank you.